- This event has passed.
Region 7 RE-CERTIFICATION JUDGES COURSE (MARYLAND)
January 4, 2020 - January 5, 2020$85
In preparation for the Regional Judges Clinic (2-day course), please make note of the following information:
- Current USA Gymnastics Professional Membership: You must hold an active USA Gymnastics Professional Member to attend the course. You can find further information regarding becoming a Pro member here: https://www.usagym.org/pages/membership/pages/membership_overview.html. Please note that this involves a background check and safety certification, which will take time to process and complete. Do not delay in completing this step, and if you are a returning judge, please check to be sure your membership is active, including background check and safety certification.
- Required Materials:These materials can be downloaded to your computer or other device or printed out in hard copy.
- FIG Code of Points: Rules for the international acrobatic gymnastics program. https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/rules/rules.php#8
- FIG Tables of Difficulty*: Tables of allowed acrobatic gymnastics skills. Can be found at the above link
- Junior Olympic Code of Points (COP): Rules for the competitive acrobatic gymnastics program. https://www.usagym.org/pages/acro/pages/jo_codeofpoints.html
- Rules & Policies: Rules for competition, officials, and athletes; rules for becoming a judge and ugrading can be found here as well. https://www.usagym.org/pages/acro/pages/rules_policies.html
- Technical Updates: Clarifications on rules, which will affect what is in the COP. https://www.usagym.org/pages/acro/updates/jo.html
- Computer: The tests will be available online; please bring your computer to take the test. If you do not have a computer you can bring to the course, please let Cahdi know prior to the course. (Upgrades will not be online.)
*For two-day recertification course only
- Upgrades: If you plan to upgrade, please contact Cahdi Jones at email@example.com as soon as possible. Please note that if you are upgrading, you will need a hard copy of the Tables of Difficulty, no electronic devices allowed.
To successfully re-certify, you must attend the courses in person for the entirety of the course. For the recertification course, attendance is required for the full time on both days.
Please bring prepayment of course fee payable to Region 7 Acro.
Recertification Course ($85)
Date/Time: (arrive by 8:45 a.m.)
January 4, 2020 – 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
January 5, 2020 – 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (approx.)
Country Inn & Suites – Thurgood Marshall Room
1717 West Nursery Rd
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TFSGC89