- This event has passed.
Region 7 NEW Judges Clinic (Virginia)
January 11, 2020 - January 12, 2020$40
NEW JUDGES COURSE:
Please make note of the following information:
- Current USA Gymnastics Professional Membership: You must hold an active USA Gymnastics Professional Member to attend the course. You can find further information regarding becoming a Pro member here: https://www.usagym.org/pages/membership/pages/membership_overview.html. Please note that this involves a background check and safety certification, which will take time to process and complete. Do not delay in completing this step, and if you are a returning judge, please check to be sure your membership is active, including background check and safety certification
- Required Materials:These materials can be downloaded to your computer or other device or printed out in hard copy.
- FIG Code of Points: Rules for the international acrobatic gymnastics program. https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/rules/rules.php#8
- Junior Olympic Code of Points (COP): Rules for the competitive acrobatic gymnastics program. https://www.usagym.org/pages/acro/pages/jo_codeofpoints.html
- Rules & Policies: Rules for competition, officials, and athletes; rules for becoming a judge and ugrading can be found here as well. https://www.usagym.org/pages/acro/pages/rules_policies.html
- Technical Updates: Clarifications on rules, which will affect what is in the COP. https://www.usagym.org/pages/acro/updates/jo.html
- Computer: The tests will be available online; please bring your computer to take the test. If you do not have a computer you can bring to the course, please let Cahdi know prior to the course.
To successfully become a new judge, you must attend the course in person for the entirety of the course.
Please bring prepayment of course fee payable to Region 7 Acro.
VA New Judges Course ($40)
January 11, 2020 – 3 p.m.-6:45 p.m. (arrive by 2:45 p.m.)
January 12, 2020 – 9:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (arrive by 9:00 a.m.)
January 12, 2020 – 1:15 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Judging practice at mock meet
Location: Atlantic Coast Tumbling, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd. Ste. 111 Newport News, VA 23606
Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T3STRGT
Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T3K22BZ
PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com for information about auditing the course, Fast Track, and general information.