- This event has passed.
Acrobatic National Judges Course (Missouri)
November 9, 2018 - November 11, 2018
USA Gymnastics invites you to attend the 2018 Acrobatic National Judges Course.
Please note: Attendance at this course is required for National-Level, National Superior, and International rated judges (bi-annually), State rated judges and higher are also invited to attend.
The 2018 National Judges Course will provide both education on the new and updated JO rules, as well as, the FIG rules, which apply to our international track/elite levels. The course will cover execution judging, artistry rules, tariff sheets, difficulty rules, and other judging practices. There will be time review of rules and practice judging of videos. Exams will be given at the conclusion of the course.
Please bring the following with you to the course:
- JO Code of Points
- Acrobatic Rules & Policies
- 2017-2020 FIG Code of Points
- 2017-2020 FIG Tables of Difficulty
- 2017-2020 FIG World Age Group Program
- Scratch paper and judging forms
- The course is open to judges who are currently state-rated or higher – this is a great opportunity to learn the new rules!
- The course is required for judges who are nationally rated or higher.
- Anyone wishing to upgrade to national or national superior rating, must attend this course. These exams are only given at the National Judges Course.
- Auditing is available. Coaches and judges can request to audit.
Dates and Tentative Schedule:
Friday, Nov. 9
- Arrival prior to 4:00 p.m.
- 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10
- 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (lunch break, time TBD)
- 7:00-9:00 p.m. video review for those taking National Judges Exam
Sunday, Jan. 29
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00a.m. (lunch break, time TBD)
*Please book flights after 3:00 p.m. or after if you are taking a recert exam
Fly into the Kansas City International Airport – the hotel has an airport shuttle
Best Western Plus
11130 N Ambassador Dr.
Kansas City, Missouri 64153
Booking Link: Best Western Plus, Kansas City Airport
Arrival Date: 09-Nov-2018
Departure Date: 11-Nov-2018
- 24-hour Free shuttle service to and from the airport 24 hours a day
- Free hot breakfast included
- Rooms have WIFI, fridge, and coffee pot
Eating establishments just one exit down the highway:
- Cracker Barrel
- Ruby Tuesdayʼs
- Smokebox BBQ
- Hilton Hotel also has a bar/restaurant
Hospitality provided by Region 4
Registration for the National Judges Course
$150 per person
$75 to audit the course
To register go to: https://usagym.org/app/clubGroupProcessing.html
- Register for a Course
- A310-AJC: Acro Judges Course (Live)
- Select Course Type (TESTERS or AUDIT ONLY)
- Choose participants
Deadline for registration is October 17, 2018